Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cleaning

Saturday is clean up day in my bed room. Well, I found my bag of yarn left over from other projects and I decided a good way to clean up a little would be to make something out of the left over yarn and so I am making a lap blanket for putting over my knees in the winter. I remember my mom made a lap blanket out of scrapes of yarn over 30 years. It was the thing that my nieces would grab along with Raggady Ann and Andy to play with. When the youngsters would go home and I would straighten up the house I never knew where I might find Ann and Andy. Sometimes they would be wrapped in the lap blanket and in my dads bed. Other times I would find them in my bed. Often I found them sitting with hands held together in a lounge chair. The lesson in all this is that the youngsters would play all afternoon without making much noise and the adults could visit without much interferrance. Any one who can crochet can make a colorful lap blanket and children will enjoy it too.

No comments: