Friday, July 18, 2008

Media Clean Up Time

Today I’m thinking about the way the media is going. Last evening I saw combat taking place in Iraq, I saw several movie adds that were very violent, I saw pictures of two beautiful women found dead both mother of children. I also saw the case of Mr. Peterson brought up again because he has a blog. Oh yes much of the time was spent on Jesse Jackson using the “N Word” and that other inappropriate comment he made. I saw a part of a little comic about a rabbit who stole something so they were going to cut off his hand, later they decided to cut off his ear. My question: Is this the best you can do?
The weather was good reporting, I’m sure it helped people get inside to dodge the rain, wind and possible tornadoes. That is about the only good thing. I do believe the Pope is in Australia with many young people that flew in from all over the world and I heard not a word about it. I’ll bet if this same group of young people decided to land upon some beach in Europe and remove their shirts and blouses and put a flower in their hair we would know about that and they would give many minutes to such a story.
We wonder why the young people get these violent ideas into their sweet little heads. I think that if violence were cut down by 75% and possitive acts of goodness increased by 75% we would find a much better world to live in.

No comments: